Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year, New Verse

New Years day is one of my favorite days of the year. It's like all the gunk of the past year is dissolved and I look forward to a fresh start with new opportunities and challenges. Many years ago I asked God to give me a bible verse to meditate on, memorize. That first year prompted Jer. 29:11 "For I know the plan I have for you," declares the Lord," plans to prosper you, not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." It was early in our marriage and I needed to know God was going to guide me along the way. Since that time many verses have helped keep perspective and peace in my life.

Here are a few of my favorites still hanging on my fridge:

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them." Genesis 1:27Working around teens can be bind boggling at times. This verse helped me to see them all as Gods creations, designed by his hands, in his image. Wow, changed my life!

"Bur Lot's wife looked back, and she became a pillar of salt." Genesis 19:26At first glance this verse seems odd, but I tend to wallow around in the past. I have had to learn to let go and move on. How can we expand God kingdom being a salt block?

"Daughter, you took a risk of faith, and now you're healed and whole. Live well, live blessed! Be healed of your plague." Mark 5:34After 2 1/2 years of mental pain, concentrating on this promise from God brought me back to trusting again. Thank you, Jesus.

What verse will God lay on my heart this year?


1 comment: